郑暖之 (Nuanzhi Zheng)
"Like an addiction I wept for the place that I could not access."
1. How does the title of the work draw on the content of Lim’s poem?
2. How does the concept of 'found family' play on the conventions of the sitcom?
3. How does the repetition of re-runs change the audience perspective of the work?
4. How do Oriental objects connote the mystified East?
5. Are you reliant on but ignore the backgrounded role of the domestic and immigrant labour to achieve personal success?
6. What's your opinion on Scarlett Johansson?
7. Have you hugged your mother today?
Lim, Jessica. 'teen murderers and constellations (dreams of misanthropy after Valerie Solanos)' - design and pub. Cait Johnson, 2017.
Sontag, Susan. 'Notes on Camp' - A Susan Sontag Reader, London: Penguin, 1983.
Joe, Nathan. 'I Am Rachel Chu' - Basement Theatre, August 6 – August 10 2019.
Plumwood, Val. 'Feminism and the Mastery of Nature' - London: Routledge, 1993.
Koster, Henry. 'Flower Drum Song' - Universal Pictures, 1961.
Zhu, Julie. I’m Sick of Words Like ‘Diversity’, ‘Inclusion’ and Representation' - The Pantograph Punch, pub. October 15, 2019.